Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Set backs

 On Thursday I had a set back in my service learning.  The school where I was supposed to work had to cancel their Girls On The Run program because there were not enough girls to sign up for the after program.  I was really disappointed.  When I got to the room where we were supposed to meet, the other coach and I waited for 30 minutes to see if enough girls would show up, but only two did.  Sadly, this is not enough girls, so the Girls On The Run organization could not sponsor this site.  I will hopefully be placed at another site by this Thursday, but that has not been confirmed yet. 
I have made progress on my other project with Girls On The Run, which I am optimistic about.  We have found a club that might be willing to sponsor the “Run-A-Thon” on campus, so hopefully I will get started on that very soon. 

I’m still as passionate as ever about Girls On The Run and am enjoying learning about the benefits of GOTR through my research for my annotated bibliography.  I am looking forward to working with the girls soon and am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be this Thursday, so I don’t have to wait till after spring break!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry for your set back. I'm really glad that your "Run-A-Thon" is making headway though. Also, it sounds like you're really enjoying GOTR which is great to read about!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they're able to find you another location, Anja. I know how passionate you are about this work. Please keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete