Monday, April 14, 2014

Service Learning Journal 3


I have really loved working with the girls from Girls On The Run and learning from them.  It was an amazing experience being back with Girls On The Run from a coach’s perspective.  Going from being a Girls On The Run girl to a Girls On The Run coach allows me to see all of the sides of GOTR and see how amazing it truly is. There were defiantly times when coaching could be a bit frustrating whether it was running out of time to finish a lesson or trying to hold a few of the girl’s attentions, but it was all an amazing learning experience.  Coaching started off a little rocky because the site I was originally places at had to cancel their program, but now I am at Sand Hill Elementary with some amazing girls!
I also had the opportunity to do a fundraiser in support of Girls On The Run, so I was able to work with the WNC Chapter’s executive director, which was a great learning experience as well.  It was very difficult trying to get the fundraiser to be as successful as it could be, but I learned a great deal from it and hope it will keep on growing. 


            Working with GOTR was one of my favorites parts about this semester and I hope to work with them next semester and the semesters to come as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment